As Don Draper told Lane Pryce when he suggested they go see the film Guns of August, "I hate guns and I hate August." Nonetheless, I did spy some beautiful things last month: a woman in yellow, a dress in rust, a beautifully furnished room in Iceland, and more.
clockwise, starting upper left:
* Willy Jaeckel, Dame in Gelb (Woman in Yellow), 1928. | Landesmuseum für Kunst und Kulturgeschichte Oldenburg
* 1930s rust crepe dress with smocking and braided hair tassels. | GuermantesVintage
* James McNeill Whistler, Nocturne; Grey and Gold--Canal; Holland, 1883-1884. | Smithsonians's Freer-Sackler Gallery
* A collection of circa 1930s art deco style plastic buckles. | gerson lessa's Flickr
* Iceland. | Eva Kosmas Flores' Flickr